What My Absence in Church Did
What happens when we miss a church service?
Does anyone care?
Does anyone notice?
We never know what really happens when we are not there. Below is a short list from an anonymous author that will help us to understand.
· It made some question the reality of Christianity.
· It made some think that I was a pretender.
· It made many regard my spiritual welfare and that of others as a matter of small concern.
· It weakened the effect of the church service.
· It made it more difficult for the preacher to preach.
· It discouraged the brethren, and therefore robbed them of a blessing.
· It caused others to stay away from church.
· It made it harder for me to meet the temptations I faced this week.
· It gave me a poor Christian testimony with those that know I am a Christian.
· It gave the Devil more power over lost souls.
· It encouraged the bad habit of non-church going.
Hebrews 10:25: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.